Talk about conflicting messages. While some diets will tell you to cut bread out of your diet altogether, this one encourages you to have a slice at every meal and slathered with butter, no less! Supposed to be taken over four days, you can choose what kind of bread you like. It doesn’t make any big scientific claims; basically, you take about 850 calories a day, and the low intake lets you lose weight really fast. The biggest problem is that you will feel hungry, making it very difficult to say no to temptation (or even just function properly).
- Breakfast: one slice wholewheat bread, 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, and 1/2 cup orange juice
- Lunch: Three and 1.2 oz. of water-packed tuna, drained and green salad, one slice protein bread, 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, and 1 small apple
- Dinner: Four oz. broiled cod, 1 cup steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup steamed peas, 1 slice rye bread, 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, 1 orange
- Breakfast: 1 slice raisin bread, 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, 1 soft boiled egg
- Lunch: Three oz. lettuce, 1 tomato, 3.5 oz. pink salmon, 1 slice white bread, and 1 teaspoon butter
- Dinner: Four oz. broiled hamburger, 1 hamburger roll, 1 pickle, green salad.
- Breakfast: One slice corn bread, 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, 1 cup grapefruit juice
- Lunch: Two hard-boiled eggs, 1 green pepper, 1/2 cup green beans, 1 slice French bread, and 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Dinner: Four oz. broiled white meat chicken, 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, 1 slice bran bread and 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Breakfast: one slice cracked wheat bread, 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Lunch: One oz. Muenster cheese, 1/2 cup stewed tomatoes, 1 cup steamed summer squash. 1 slice Italian Bread, 1 Teaspoon butter or margarine
- Dinner: Four oz. turkey (dark meat), 1/2 cup corn, green salad, 1 slice pumpernickel, 1 teaspoon butter or margarine