You’ll hear about a lot of miracle diets or dieting products that promise fast, easy and effortless weight loss. How we wish it were true, and that we could really lose the pound with a simple pill, patch or magic cream! Unfortunately, the only thing that’s bound to shrink is your wallet. Doctors, dietitians, and other experts all agree that the best and only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories and increase your physical activity so you burn more energy. Here are tell-tale signs that you are being conned:
1. Lose weight without diet or exercise! Health and research organizations have spent millions of dollars studying the human body. They would know by now if it were scientifically possible to lose the weight without any work. Instead, everything they have seen and studied reaffirms what we’ve known for centuries: there is no miracle cure, so get on that diet, hit the gyms, and don’t believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
2. Lose weight and still eat all your favorite food! Maybe, if your favorite food happens to be celery. You can’t eat high-calorie food and still lose weight. All diets will require sensible food choices, and that requires trading junk food and soda for healthy vegetables and fruits. Of course, along the way, you’ll learn to enjoy this diet and even find new favorites, but as a general rule, it won’t include a Big Mac.
3. Lose weight permanently! Never diet again! Even if a diet works, and you shed the unwanted pounds, there’s no guarantee that they won’t come back. Permanent weight loss requires permanent lifestyle change, which means everyday you renew your decisions of what food to eat, and in what quantities.
4. Block the absorption of fat, carbs or calories! Listen to the doctors, dietitians, and other experts: there is no product or process that can block absorption, and anyone who says so is lying. The only way to block it is to not eat it. Limit yourself to a smaller serving or a slimmer slice.
5. Lose 30 pounds in 30 days! Experts say that the ideal rate of losing weight is about 1 to 2 pounds a week. Anything more than that, and you are just losing water, not fat, and all the weight will come back. Plus, you are endangering your health, possibly starving your body of necessary nutrients and lowering your immune system.
6. It works for everybody! Each person has unique habits, health concerns, and weight loss goals. No product can solve all these problems. It is far better to talk to an expert to design a personalized nutrition and exercise program suited to your lifestyle and metabolism.
7. Use our miracle diet patch or cream! Nothing you can apply to your skin or wear can remove unwanted pounds.
8. Buy our must-have product! While some products are low-calorie and nutritionally sound, any program that makes it a requirement for weight loss is just trying to make money off you. The key to a successful diet is create healthy habits, not to become dependent on a mysterious shake. At worst, it’s a scam. At best, it’s a short-term solution where you will gain back all the pounds the minute you stop buying.
9. Hear our testimonials! Testimonials can come from anywhere. They can make it up, or pay someone to say it. And even if they lost the weight, you don’t know if they kept it off, or if their success can be attributed to other products like heavy exercise. Instead of quotes, look for scientific research.
10. Money-back guarantee! Even if they do intend to refund your money, very few people will go through the trouble of sending the product. This is a marketing ploy and has nothing to do with the actual quality.